For more information about the civil parish of Winterbourne go to the Wiltshire.gov.uk website
|The Winterbournes War Memorial consists of a granite cross, 11 feet in height, rising from a plinth and pedestal. It stands in a corner of the churchyard of St Michael's, Winterbourne Earls.|
The cross was unveiled on Sunday 2nd February 1921 and bore the names of twenty three local men who died in the First World War. Following upon the end of the Second World War, a further six names of those who fell in that later conflict were added.
Click for 'In Remembrance' list